I was chatting with a friend who knows I’m an #avgeek, but doesn’t quite understand the lingo. She’s going to Europe and wondered whether she should fly on Ryanair. I replied “if you’re desperate to save money, want to sit in 10-inch seat pitch and care nothing about #PaxEx, then be my guest.” So please allow me to present other things you’ll only hear from #avgeeks — and things only #avgeeks would understand. Enjoy!
- The movie `Die Hard 2′ makes my head hurt with all its aviation inaccuracies.
- Don’t even say the word “B’Gosh” after Oshkosh.
- I suppose Bollinger rosé served in first class on Qatar Airways is OK, but I prefer the Krug served on Cathay Pacific.
- I’m not going to St. Maarten for the sand and surf — I’m planespotting!
- WHY does that news station insist on using Delta Air Lines L-1011 footage for every story?
- I just don’t understand what kind of ROI Emirates expects to get from its stake in Alitalia.
- Why did Southwest Airlines choose Row 44 to provide its inflight Wi-Fi service?
- If you’re flying on the version one of Korean Air’s Boeing 747, avoid row 45 in the middle — the seat pitch is tight and because it’s a bulkhead, it has a bassinet position, so you know that means screaming babies.
- I cannot *believe* that I have to take a Boeing 757 across the pond!
- I guess Premium Economy will have to do if I can’t get my upgrade.
Please feel free to share your own sayings!