There are those of us who are travel loyalty geeks. Then there are some of us who are nuts about casino loyalty programs. A new event, ZorkFest, will bring together those who are fans of both. The event, the brainchild of TravelZork.com Founder Michael Trager, is a unique one-day education seminar that will be held in Atlantic City on Dec. 1-2 that will specifically focus on Travel and Casino loyalty programs.
ZorkFest begins on Friday, Dec. 1 with a Welcome Beer & Wine Reception from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. On Saturday, Dec. 2 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., the seminar will cover topics including:
- Maximize Miles & Points: Fly more conveniently and for free. Learn how to efficiently find the elusive award inventory and book those great mileage redemptions for FREE flights;
- Optimize Your Casino Rating: Do you play consistently but your casino offers do not seem to get better and sometimes get worse? Learn how to optimize your play to ensure you will get what you deserve, including comp rooms and more free play; and
- Airfare, Hotel, Rental Car Shopping: We’ll focus on some of the best methods and tools to help you find the lowest airfare, hotel and car rental prices.
Sessions will run around 45 minutes, and you’re not required to attend all sessions, which will be confirmed about two weeks before Zorkfest. Each 45-minute time slot will offer two sessions, and the event will also include a 45-minute lunch break. There will also be “Ask Me Anything” sessions for travel and casino loyalty programs.
- Angelina Aucello, a Newark, N.J.-based travel aficionado and expert, shares her excitement about travel, points, miles, and deals on her blog, Angelina Travels. She has earned and redeemed millions of miles and points for smart luxury travel around the world;
- Seth Miller, known as The Wandering Aramean, flies up to 200,000 miles a year, mainly in the comfy seats. He has developed a knack of blending good deals, points and a bit of luck to extend his travel budget and explore more of the world than he ever thought possible;
- Eric Rosenthal, contributor to several gambling and travel related websites and podcasts, discusses all things Atlantic City and his passion for “Comp Harvesting.” He frequents Atlantic City and uses casinos as his summer beach home. He travels to Las Vegas and other warm-weather destinations and pays pennies on the dollar for flights and hotels by combining his knowledge of miles, points and casino loyalty programs;
- Catherine Smalfus, AKA Coach Kitty, has been working frequent flyer deals since taking her first solo flight on Piedmont Airlines and signing up for their credit card while onboard. She believes that with a little extra effort, you can get a discount and a little extra value for every purchase you make, and offers an extensive combined knowledge of travel and casino loyalty programs, along with video poker;
- Cousin Vito, a casino enthusiast and creator of the Cousin Vito’s Casino podcast, is a recreational gambler and a fun-loving foodie. His love for casinos started with childhood trips to Atlantic City with his late grandfather, including enjoying football games, tossing dice at a craps table and participating in poker tournaments. He considers himself to be the quintessential recreational gambler; and
- Special guest Marc Meltzer, who resides in Las Vegas. His roots in gambling run deep, learning how to play poker in grade school. He learned more when he worked down the street from a bookie who took action on anything from the mainstream sports to the last three digits of the purse for certain horse races. He is currently a freelance writer and social media consultant who about food, booze, gambling and Las Vegas — a tough job, but somebody has to do it
Registration for ZorkFest is now open. The cost is $150, including the reception and lunch. But you can save money with two promotions. One, get $25 off if you register by Nov. 1. Two, if you use my promo code, zorkqueen (all lower case), when registering, you’ll receive another $10 discount. So if you register by Nov.1, it will cost only $115 to attend.
Travel Smarter. Gamble Smarter. Maximize Your Travel Adventures